Your shopping cart is empty!
Cisco switches are divided into two main lines is Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst Switch Family Series Family Series.
Cisco Nexus Series switches Generation Family is a new generation is designed to operate in the data center New Generation (Next Generation Data Center), CISC was in favor of the line switches with the design completed new and different from the Catalyst line of switches. Nexus line has so many new features and is capable of speeds up to tens of Tbps switching (1 Tbps = 1000 Gps). Some features of the Nexus line:
- Full support for the features of the Family product line includes: Nexus 7000 Series Switch (Core / Distribution Layer), the Nexus 5000 Series, 2000 Series Fabric Extend (For model ToR: Top of Rack in Data Center), Nexus 3000 Series Switch (used in High Frequency Trading - HFT delay which requires extremely low level), the Nexus 4000 Series (IO module is used for the IBM Blade Center servers) and Nexus 1000V (Switch Software solutions are used in the environment VMWare).
- Ultra-fast switching speed (eg line Nexus 7000 supports up to 17+ Tbps, 550 GPBS each slot, supports 10 ports GPBS, 40 GPBS, 100 GPBS).
- Supports advanced features like: Fabric-Path (corresponds to open standards is TRILL), OTV, FCoE (supply capability in the Ethernet frame encapsulation FC frame and transported in LAN environment), Unified Ports ( FCoE support frame and the top frame 1 Standard Ethernet connection port material l), data Center bridging - DCB (used to bridge data from FC to FCoE Native-and vice versa) ...
- And many other features that you can refer to our catalog.
cisco switch series
Cisco Catalyst Switch Series Family is a line of switches designed for enterprise networks, as this is the strongest line switches are common, so we'll detail each product's Family line.
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series is designed in the form of models (Include: Chassis, Supervisor, linecard, Service Module, Power Supply, Fans Tray) to operate in the Core / Distribution, supports switching speeds 2Tbps (with Sup -2T) or 720Gbps (with Sup-720) or 32Gbps (with Sup-32) all the hardware, support Service Module (FWSM, WiSM, NAM, IDSM, ACE, ...) this is the only feature on the line this equipment, particularly technology support VSS (virtual switch System) helps virtualization 6500 2 switches operate as one switch with switching speeds 2x normal and support MEC (Multichasis Etherchannel ) completely eliminates STP.
- Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series is designed in the form of models (Include: Chassis, Supervisor, linecard, Power Supply, Fans Tray), supports Layer 3 switching hardware, operating at Layer Core / Distribution, supporting speeds 848Gbps switching (with Sup-7E), 520Gbps (with Sup-7LE), 320Gbps (with Sup-6E), 280Gbps (with Sup-6LE) and 136 Gbps (with Sup-V-10GE) all from hardware. The difference of this line switches than 6500 lines are: inferior performance, does not support the Service Module, no tech support VSS format.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750-X this is the upgraded version of the 3750-E and 3750 Fix Designed in the form of 1U, activity in models Collapse Core / Distribution (commonly used in SMB) or enterprise access, support support switching speed 160Gbps hardware at layer 3, PoE + (30W per port), Uplink port 10Gbps standard SFP, and downlink port 1Gbps and special technology support StackWise + speeds StackRing up to 64Gbps, to virtualization to 9 3750 switches in one compartment acts as one virtual switch, this is one characteristic similar to VSS.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750-E features the Catalyst 3750-X similar to, but this is the line switches Catalyst 3750-X older, the future will be replaced by the Catalyst 3750-X, it will not be mentioned detail.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750 has features similar to the Catalyst 3750-X, however there are a few differences such as not supporting uplink port 10Gbps, only supports StackWise (not StackWise +) with speeds StackRing 32 Gbps and support downlink speeds of 100 Mbps port.
- Cisco Catalyst 3560-X is the upgraded version of the Catalyst 3560-E and Catalyst 3560, Catalyst 3750 features similar to-X (designed in the form Fix 1U, activity in models Collapse Core / Distribution (commonly used in SMB), or access in the enterprise, supporting switching speed 160Gbps Hardware, PoE + (30W per port), Uplink port 10Gbps standard SFP and downlink port 1Gbps) points only difference of this line compared to the Catalyst 3750-X is not supported or StackWise + StackWise technology, so can not use features Switch MEC on this line, but cheaper than the Catalyst 3750-X in the same model.
- Cisco Catalyst 3560-E has similar features to the Catalyst 3750-E, line switches will be replaced by the Catalyst 3560-X should not be discussed in detail.
- Cisco Catalyst 3560 Catalyst 3560 features-X similar to, but there are a few differences such as not supporting uplink port with 10 GPBS speed and does not support downlink speeds of 100 Mbps port.
- Cisco Catalyst 3550 is replaced by the Catalyst 3560 Series should not be discussed in detail.
- Cisco Catalyst 2975 was replaced by the 2960-S Cattalyst should also not be discussed in detail.
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-S is an upgraded version of the Catalyst line of switches 2960. This line is designed for the access layer design pattern in 2 layers (Layer 2), supports Layer 2 switching in hardware 88 Gbps speeds and 1 limited number of features in lop3 3 (Layer 3) from the software. Support speed up the transfer and 10 Gbps uplink 1 Gbps. Especially this device supports Flex-Stack technology with Flex-Port speed 20 Gbps (similar Stack-Wise) allows collectors to 4 Catalyst 2960-S in a group and operate as two virtual switches, this is an important feature to design the new network (completely remove STP) with many advantages in the access layer.
- Cisco Catalyst 2960 is an upgraded version of the Catalyst 2950, is designed to operate at Layer 2, with 1Gbps uplink port speed and 100Mbps downlink ports (for 2960) and 1Gbps (for 2960G), supports switching layer 2 hardware with the speed from 16Gbps (for 2960), and 32Gbps (for 2960G).
- Cisco Catalyst 2955 has features similar to 2960, but is designed in reduced form (only 1/3 in 2960) and has good resistance to harsh weather conditions (temperature, high humidity, ...), often used in environments: factories, ports, rig ... But this line of switches will be replaced by IE3000 should not be discussed in detail.
- Cisco Catalyst 2950 switches are the first born than in 2960 and were replaced by 2960 it will not be discussed in detail.
- Cisco Catalyst 3560-C have similar features with the Catalyst 3560 (Grade 3), but this is a reduced version of the size compared to 3560 (only 1/2 3560) and operates without fans, support from 8 to 12 downlink ports. A special feature is the line switches can operate without power from outside (Adapter) but instead it will receive resources through Uplink port PoE + is supplied from the switches other support PoE + support (such as the Catalyst 3560-X, 3750-X, 4500, 6500).
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-C features similar to the Catalyst 2960 (support of features at layer 2), but similar to the Catalyst 3560-C is a reduced version of the 2960 size (only by half in 2960) and operate without fans, supports 8 to 12 downlink ports. Similar to the Catalyst 3560-C, flow switches can also operate on supplies from other switches through PoE + uplink ports
- The Cisco IE 3000 is version operates at Layer 2 with similar features Catalyst 2960, but this is the line switches are designed to operate in extreme environments: high temperatures, high humidity, fanless heatsink ... should be selected when used in factories, docks, rig ...
- The Cisco IE 3100 is version operates at Layer 3 security with features similar to the Catalyst 3560, similar to the IE3000, flow switches are designed to operate in extreme environments: high temperatures, high humidity , fanless heatsink, ... should be selected when used in factories, docks, rig ...
Selection Guide Cisco switches (PDF)